Nowadays, people are looking for the healthiest and weakest diet, fast weight loss in a short time. People should follow a diet according to their metabolic rate, age, weight, height and even gender. But widely accepted popular diets can be adapted to just about anyone. One of them is the Mayr Method Diet.
Rebel Wilson’s Diet
Famous actress Rebel Wilson is among those who make this diet. Rebel Wilson, who lost more than 18 kilos in 2020, stated that she used the Mayr Method nutrition model after visiting the “Viva Mayr Wellness” clinic. Rebel Wilson declared the year 2020 the “Year of Health” and implemented a diet plan that stunned everyone.
Where did this Diet Come From?
In fact, this diet was developed many years ago by the Austrian scientist DR. It was proposed by F. X. Mayr. This method is applied in order to lose weight, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, and heal problems such as bloating and edema. Dr. With the diet developed by Mayr, harmful / toxic metabolic wastes (toxins) accumulated in the intestines are removed from the body. Toxins form and accumulate after being used in the body in the foods we eat, in substances such as cigarettes and alcohol. Detox is generally used to get rid of this.
Therefore, intestinal balance is provided with foods rich in prebiotics to cleanse the intestines. While doing this, detoxification is generally applied. For detailed information about detox, you can review What is Detox? article.
What are the Health Benefits of Mayr Method Diet?
The Mayr diet has the following benefits as well as helping to remove toxins that are harmful to intestinal health.
- Slimming / Losing Weight
- Helps reduce cardiovascular diseases
- Improves problems such as bloating or edema
- Helps prevent rheumatism
- Prevents fatigue
- Highlights the body’s alkaline power
- Helps prevent gas formation.
How to Make Mayr Method Diet? Dr. What is Mayr Diet Plan?
1- Heavy and indigestible foods will be avoided. Low-calorie foods should be consumed.
2- Each bite will be chewed for a long time, so time will be allowed for digestion to start in the mouth.
3- The principle of eating when you are hungry will be based on not eating too often. There will be at least 4-5 hours between meals.
4- As soon as satiety is felt, the eating process will be stopped.
5- You will not eat too late. Especially the snacks before sleep will be stopped.
6- The focus will be on how they are digested as well as what is eaten.
7- A diet rich in prebiotics and probiotics will be applied (Cheese, natural yogurt, probiotic yogurt, brewer’s yeast, pickles, etc.)
Vegetables: Leek, yam, okra, artichoke, celery, tomato, onion, garlic, chicory, asparagus, mustard plant
Legumes: Beans, lentils, peas, chickpeas
Whole grains: Whole wheat, oats, buckwheat, barley, whole wheat rice
Oil seeds: Walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, flax seeds
Fruits: Olives, bananas, grapes, strawberries, apples
8- You will not eat raw vegetables and fruits in the evening. Especially after 15:00
9- Foods with high acid load will be avoided. Foods that increase alkali power will be given priority. Almost twice as many acidic foods will be consumed and alkaline liquids will be consumed. (avocado, broccoli, lemon, ginger, grapefruit, cucumber, spinach, artichoke, celery, basil, cucumber, carrot, chard, beet, Brussels sprout, kale, red cabbage, red onion, garlic, onion, parsley, okra, radish, green leafy vegetables, fruits and raw almonds and almond milk etc.)
10- There will be absolutely no water to drink between meals and the portions will be reduced and small plates will be preferred.
What are the sample foods that can be consumed in the Mayr Method diet model?
- Protein: Organic eggs, trout / lamb / salmon / sirloin, smoked trout, skinless turkey breast, salmon fillet, smoked salmon, chickpeas, tofu and caviar.
- Vegetables: Spinach, onion, radish, celery, carrot, fennel, potato, bunch of tomatoes, kohlrabi, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, turnip.
- Fruits: Raisins, olives, apricots, prunes, apples, strawberries, pomegranates, oranges, citrus fruits, banana, papaya, mango, avocado.
- Cereals: Oats, buckwheat flour, cornmeal, gluten-free cereal, millet, risotto rice.
- Nuts: Walnuts, raw almonds.
- Milk and Dairy Products: Butter, goat cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, rice milk, oat milk.
- Spices and Seasonings: Sugar grass, vegetable seasoning, rock salt, extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed oils (including flaxseed, hemp and walnut), coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce.
- Beverages: Green tea, pomegranate juice and water.
It should not be forgotten that the Mayr Method Diet is actually a nutritional method. For your health, do sports constantly and stay away